11.27.2010

turkey and trails

The mr. and I were very thankful for the invitation to share thanksgiving with friends, so we made this hostess gift.



I used my embossing gun to make the "thanks" tag.  I love embossing!


And that is my first cheese ball (thank you Cece)!  Here's the recipe in case you want to give it a try.


ingredients
8 oz. cream cheese
4 to 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1/2 stick of butter (I may omit this next time)
can chopped black olives
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1/4 cup chopped walnut
crackers

steps
1.  Take cream cheese, blue cheese and butter out of the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for awhile.  
2.  Cream the first three ingredients in a bowl until they are mixed well (I used my kitchen aid mixer).  Add the well drained chopped olives and chives and mix well.  
3.  Put the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for an hour or until firm.  
4.  Place chopped nuts on a plate. Form a ball with the chilled cheese using a spatula or your hand.  
5.  Roll the ball in the chopped nuts and place the ball back in the refrigerator to chill for a few more hours. 
6.  Serve with crackers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following day we skipped black friday shopping and hit the trail.  This particular trip was rather cold so we were able to test out some gear for Nepal (12 days!).





No comments:

Post a Comment