3.06.2011

inspiration to reality: directional signs

The walk from the parking lot to our ceremony & reception location was rather long so I knew I needed directional signs.  I absolutely fell in love with the font on the sign below and used it as the main inspiration for our signs.

clayton austin via green wedding shoes
I salvaged some wood that was destined for the land fill, had the mr. cut it down to size, stained it and used white acrylic paint for the words.  All in all I feel I created a pretty accurate replica of the inspiration.




I was concerned the ground would be too hard to hammer the stake into so I opted for the galvanized french pails (with bricks in the bottom) topped with approximately 7 apples.  Why apples?  Because they were on sale and the budget was tight!



{wedding photos by Heidi O Photo}

No comments:

Post a Comment