I found the recipe over at sugar and charm. I swear I am such a sucker if someone says "this is the best _____ you will ever have". In this case she was right! I typically dislike carrot cake but fully enjoyed this recipe.
And yes I know, they are way cuter than mine. I have a long way to go with my cupcakes. As you can tell I put too much batter in the cup and I can't seem to get that frosting technique down. Oh well they still tasted great!
|sugar and charm|
2 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup corn oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ⅓ cup pureed carrots
1 cup shredded coconut
¾ cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350˚
2. Puree 1 ⅓ cup carrots (first chop, then boil, then puree) and set aside.
3. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. Add in the oil, eggs, vanilla and beat well.
5. Fold in the pureed carrots, shredded coconut and drained pineapple.
6. Pour batter into either a cake pan or cupcake pan.
7. Bake until the edges have pulled away or until a toothpick comes out semi-clean. I baked the
cupcakes for about 16 minutes... every oven is different so keep an eye on them.
8. Cool for awhile, then frost.
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 stick butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 cups confectioners sugar
1. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
2. Add in the sugar and beat until combined.
Note: I made 12 full sized cupcakes and used the rest of the batter to make mini cupcakes. The minis were a huge hit and I totally recommend that option when baking cupcakes. Plus they're so cute!