6.29.2010

how the BOYZ were asked...

Do you ever have one of those moments were you feel like someone completely gets why you do what you do?  When mr. roundy asked me for a creative way to ask his groomsmen to be in our wedding I almost DIED (in a good way)!  But of course I didn't show him my excitement; he would have called me crazy and abandoned the request all together.  Instead I let him know I would think about it.  You know what that meant…I hit the blogs for ideas!  And this is what I proposed…


Much to my surprise he liked them!  First I downloaded the template from The Wedding Chicks. Our intention was to have the boys fill out the card and return them to us. So I went to Michaels and bought notecards in black with a matching sized envelope. I then purchased another set of slightly bigger envelopes to place the previous set in.  Originally we wanted black envelopes but I read a LOT of reviews on how difficult they are to mail, so that idea was scraped.  The final touch on the exterior envelope was this custom monogram also found on The Wedding Chicks.


In the end this is how they came back to us...



Just a little something to note.  We neglected to indicate on the card which groomsman we sent it to.  This forced us to do some postmark investigation to figure out who the returned cards originated from.  It was quite comical!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cute, but manly of course ;)
Anne N.

Post a Comment