6.17.2010

vintage thank u's

These little gems just made their way out to mailboxes yesterday.


Here's how I did it:
The photos of the vintage ladies were upcycled from my bridal shower decorations.  I placed them on blank cards from Michaels (rather innexpensive with a coupon) with glue tape and photo corners; super easy.  Next I combined unmounted rubber stamps to my medium sized acrylic block to create the "Thank You" with a border.



I then started the heat embossing process. After dabbing the stamp on the ink pad I quickly stamped the card and sprinkled embossing powder over the design.  Next I tapped off the remaining powder into my handy tray and exhaled a couple of strong breaths to make sure there was absolutely no stray embossing powder.  Lastly I turned on my heat gun and miraculously watched the embossing powder turn solid!




This was my very first time heat embossing.  I learned of this style craft from, can you imagine, a wedding blog.  After watching a youtube video on the how-to's I decided to give it a try.  I am really pleased with the outcome, however next time I will use clear embossing powder.  No matter how hard I tried, I could not get rid of the leftover powder on the card and it ended up looking a little messy.  I think some experimenting is in order but I am totally addicted!

4 comments:

Aunt Char said...

Kristin-

They look so cute. And how wonderful of you to take the time to handmake Thank You cards for the gifts and especially for the mafia mommas who threw you the shower!

Also, thanks for doing this blog, it helps those of us far away to still feel part of what is happening.

Love you, Aunt Char

Lindy Acker said...

What a little crafter you are!

Anonymous said...

I think we need to team up!
Anne

Joann said...

where did you find all those
5o's ladies?
joanndietrich@hotmail.com

Post a Comment