10.29.2011

halloween porch

I have another decorated front porch for ya'all.  If fact this has become my recent obsession and I already have the "fall" porch supplies ready to go when halloween is over.  In true diy fashion there were a few other crafts I wanted to add to this themed porch, but no time to do them!


Here we have the upcycled rag wreath.  I really enjoy making these as you can see this in my second one; my first was the valentines version.


This time I used my husbands old black jersey t-shirts and black cotton pants, cut into strips.  Score! No trip to the fabric store; only to Michaels for the box wire wreath frame.


The craft pumpkins were also upcyled.  I rescued them from a thrift store pile, sprayed them, and then used acrylic paint to decorate.


This lantern and the chandelier you see in the other photo were decorations from our wedding.  Love that I get to reuse them all year long! {Steamer trunk was free in the alley, see this post}



And my favorite craft for this themed porch... the upcylced pennant flag banner! Again I used old clothing, hemp twine and the zig zag setting on my sewing to create this customizable banner.  


Oh and all this inspiration found on Pinterest of course!

pink sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment